SatanicGaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pet EXP not right

4 posters

Go down

Pet EXP not right Empty Pet EXP not right

Post  coyote282 Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:15 am

I've read in Willow's topic (Few things) that there was trouble with char's leveling too fast compared to the pet's leveling and exp. Zangetsu replied that the pet-exp was indeed off, and that he would change it as soon as he could find out how to.

Well, pet exp is off only in certain situations. If you farm regular field mobs, pets level correctly, as they should, but the exp a pet gets is completely off when farming champ (elite) mobs (did not try this out on dungeon mobs tho). My guess is that the exp the pet gets is too high when killing a champ mob, and might be capped. I know in the official game, the exp you can get (also for the pet) is capped. If you would solo a boss for example with a high level pet, the exp is capped, as in: once you gain a certain amount of exp, it can't get any higher. Maybe the problem on our server with pets not gaining the same value of exp as the char has something to do with that?

Greetz
Crycee Smile

P.S.: hope you understand my rambling lol :O

coyote282
Noob
Noob

Back to top Go down

Pet EXP not right Empty Re: Pet EXP not right

Post  willow Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:44 pm

Farming champs pets get high exp i did lvl pets on summoner and non summoner with champ mobs and even if it gets caped u wont feel that becous they lvl fast and at the moment i dont see any problem with pets exp in game
willow
willow
Nobody
Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post  [GM]SkeletalSoul Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:16 pm

Thats good i been working on my player char and pet with it and it has stayed between 2 or 3 lvls from my char the whole time using crackers and i am now lvl 153 and my Genie pet is lvl 150
[GM]SkeletalSoul
[GM]SkeletalSoul
Head GM
Head GM

Back to top Go down

Post  coyote282 Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:50 pm

okay, then i must do something wrong...

Today i farmed in CV2, dungeon mobs. Both my naga's were 87 at start, my char lvl92. On ss+cracker. At the end of my farming, my char was lvl100, both my naga's 92. I don't get it lol xD

coyote282
Noob
Noob

Back to top Go down

Post  [GM]SkeletalSoul Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:11 pm

if u would have read post from b4 u would know what i said pet xp is hardcoded into the game server there is no way of changing that they get a % of the players XP so when the XP is high like on this it seems like pets are lvling slow but they real arnt.
[GM]SkeletalSoul
[GM]SkeletalSoul
Head GM
Head GM

Back to top Go down

Post  qwack Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:40 am

I just tried champion mobs near ruined city. my breeder is 149 and my sin is 154. get same xp on both, crackers make no difference (so obviously the xp cap is hit). so only advantage breeder has is that 2 pets are getting levelled.

qwack
Noob
Noob

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum